There comes a time in all of our lives that we begin to doubt everything we've done. Every step that we took, all the choices that we made are called to question. It is one of the most deabilitating moments in one's life when we realize that what we considered our greatest accomplishments were never accolades, but illusions in our head. The dubious concept that we are the sun around which the planets revolve, that we happen to be the chosen one, the prodigy, these are beliefs that were shattered more than once for me. But so deep rooted are these beliefs, and such egotistical am I that these do not seem to be uprooted.
How many of us had blown out images of ourselves? How many of us considered ourselves to be invincible? How many of us have watched our dreams being trampled right in front of our eyes? How many of us were too serious and missed out on life's good days only to realize that you've earned nothing? And how many of us strolled around in a happy-go-lucky way only to find ourselves stuck up where we never pictured ourselves?
That is the irony that is life.
And I have been a victim to it. I spent the first years of my life, trying to outdo everybody, and I thought I did. I thought after all this, I can relax, and I can enjoy. But now it has finally dawned on me that all of that is just imaginary, the only thing that is real is me and the fact that there is no going back. You cannot go back to the days when you could have enjoyed but didnt.
And it is at times like this that I feel I should hang it all up. Nobody cares about this blog, nobody reads this stuff, and I seem to be doing a losy job at managing my own life.
This is not goodbye for ever. This is just goodbye for now. When the time is right, I will return (being the most egotistical guy on the planet, who refuses to accept failure).
Until then,
Yours truly, Amit Praseed.
Ours truly, this life.
(Jeff Hardy's final words on WWE)
How many of us had blown out images of ourselves? How many of us considered ourselves to be invincible? How many of us have watched our dreams being trampled right in front of our eyes? How many of us were too serious and missed out on life's good days only to realize that you've earned nothing? And how many of us strolled around in a happy-go-lucky way only to find ourselves stuck up where we never pictured ourselves?
That is the irony that is life.
And I have been a victim to it. I spent the first years of my life, trying to outdo everybody, and I thought I did. I thought after all this, I can relax, and I can enjoy. But now it has finally dawned on me that all of that is just imaginary, the only thing that is real is me and the fact that there is no going back. You cannot go back to the days when you could have enjoyed but didnt.
And it is at times like this that I feel I should hang it all up. Nobody cares about this blog, nobody reads this stuff, and I seem to be doing a losy job at managing my own life.
This is not goodbye for ever. This is just goodbye for now. When the time is right, I will return (being the most egotistical guy on the planet, who refuses to accept failure).
Until then,
Yours truly, Amit Praseed.
Ours truly, this life.
(Jeff Hardy's final words on WWE)
No comments:
Post a Comment