Today I had to take a seminar in front of the whole class on Shifter and Accumulator Design. So I thought that it would be nice to blog about seminars, an dhow they affect you...
For some people, taking a seminar in front of a whole load of people can be a harrowing experience. Your mouth becomes dry, you start sweating like a pig, and you stare around with a deer-in-the-headlights like look.
Thankfully, not me. I don't fall into that category. I know that I can go out there and give a good session. The only thing is, how good. Because each time I get on that dais, I want to outdo myself. I want to give the best seminar I have ever given. And I want each seminar of mine to be my best so far. And with that pressure begins to build on me. I knew I could do it, but just getting through it is not enough, I want to do it great.
But the thing is, what I felt is not tension, or anxiety, or fear. It was excitement. You know that mix of emotions which surges through you when you are next in line to go on to a stage, and deliver a poem or speech you have worked very hard to get right? Not pure fear, but rather that sense of purpose, and direction.
I love it.
And all of this emotion lasts for so long that I get on stage. Once I am on, I am ON. There is no fear, no butterflies or caterpillars in my stomach, no nothing. That is what I am thankful about.
But one thing you notice is, people listen to you. People tend to listen to you speaking more than the teachers, but there is that occasional talk among a couple of students, and it gets on your nerves. You feel that you are working so hard on your seminar, and these people have the audacity to talk????
I would've loved to fire them on the spot, and believe me I could. But I didn't because I did it too. Not all the time, but even for a couple of times, I did it. Now you know why teacher's snap when people talk in their class.
I had just this one hour, imagine having to take 4-5 hours a day!!!
The output I got was fairly good, I think I gave it my best. Everyone appreciated it.
But now I have one more on 23rd, and I have to use a projector then.
To be frank, I hate the projector. As much as you can argue, it is not a good teaching tool. It is used only by people who are lazy to use the board, or want to finish portions fast. For efficient teaching it is a no-no.
Well, I have to use it, and I will.
My first class with a projector...
Coming Soon...
Only on Amit Forever...
For some people, taking a seminar in front of a whole load of people can be a harrowing experience. Your mouth becomes dry, you start sweating like a pig, and you stare around with a deer-in-the-headlights like look.
Thankfully, not me. I don't fall into that category. I know that I can go out there and give a good session. The only thing is, how good. Because each time I get on that dais, I want to outdo myself. I want to give the best seminar I have ever given. And I want each seminar of mine to be my best so far. And with that pressure begins to build on me. I knew I could do it, but just getting through it is not enough, I want to do it great.But the thing is, what I felt is not tension, or anxiety, or fear. It was excitement. You know that mix of emotions which surges through you when you are next in line to go on to a stage, and deliver a poem or speech you have worked very hard to get right? Not pure fear, but rather that sense of purpose, and direction.
I love it.
And all of this emotion lasts for so long that I get on stage. Once I am on, I am ON. There is no fear, no butterflies or caterpillars in my stomach, no nothing. That is what I am thankful about.
But one thing you notice is, people listen to you. People tend to listen to you speaking more than the teachers, but there is that occasional talk among a couple of students, and it gets on your nerves. You feel that you are working so hard on your seminar, and these people have the audacity to talk????
I would've loved to fire them on the spot, and believe me I could. But I didn't because I did it too. Not all the time, but even for a couple of times, I did it. Now you know why teacher's snap when people talk in their class.
I had just this one hour, imagine having to take 4-5 hours a day!!!
The output I got was fairly good, I think I gave it my best. Everyone appreciated it.
But now I have one more on 23rd, and I have to use a projector then.
To be frank, I hate the projector. As much as you can argue, it is not a good teaching tool. It is used only by people who are lazy to use the board, or want to finish portions fast. For efficient teaching it is a no-no.
Well, I have to use it, and I will.
My first class with a projector...
Coming Soon...
Only on Amit Forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment