Have you ever been at the receiving end of the following scenario???
The teacher assigns you a particularly nasty piece of work. You work on it day in and day out and eventually get it ready on the due date. You go on to submit and find out that some others havent even started the work. You start to feel a little bit superior to them for doing your work on time, when all of a sudden, the snake strikes. Lightning falls. The world comes to an end. None of these actually happen, but the date for submission is postponed. How hollow do your efforts seem now, and what is even more annoying is the constant jabs from the others, saying how lucky they were at not having spent time on it.
Seem familiar????
I dont know about you, but I have been there. So has a cousin of mine. I told him thats the way the world is and all that rubbish. I told him we will get our dues in due course of time, I even told him that procrastinators will perish sooner or later.
But the fact of the matter is, this scenario repeats itself over and over again, and most of the time, the benefactors are the same, and that makes me sick.
But my faith is strong. I still believe in the advice I gave, still hope it is true.
Au Revoir.
The teacher assigns you a particularly nasty piece of work. You work on it day in and day out and eventually get it ready on the due date. You go on to submit and find out that some others havent even started the work. You start to feel a little bit superior to them for doing your work on time, when all of a sudden, the snake strikes. Lightning falls. The world comes to an end. None of these actually happen, but the date for submission is postponed. How hollow do your efforts seem now, and what is even more annoying is the constant jabs from the others, saying how lucky they were at not having spent time on it.
Seem familiar????
I dont know about you, but I have been there. So has a cousin of mine. I told him thats the way the world is and all that rubbish. I told him we will get our dues in due course of time, I even told him that procrastinators will perish sooner or later.
But the fact of the matter is, this scenario repeats itself over and over again, and most of the time, the benefactors are the same, and that makes me sick.
But my faith is strong. I still believe in the advice I gave, still hope it is true.
Time will prove me right. ( I hope...)
If any of you, at any point in your lives, have been a part of this, do comment.Au Revoir.
No comments:
Post a Comment