Moving can give you
a whole new outlook on everything around you, and sometimes even within you.
Whether it is out of a country, out of a state, out of a district or even a
slight dislocation from one house to another completely and absolutely
encompasses the same basic thing.
Pack and Leave.
I've been staying at
one place, say P, for nearly 3 whole years. And now I had to move to a place
nearby, say K. And what this truly means is a complete change in my rituals, my
time-table and my entire life. And above all it meant that I had to search for
and pack every single item I had come to possess in these three years. And boy,
did I find them!
I searched for two
whole days, and accumulated quite a lot of stuff. Stuff I used for maybe a day
or two. Stuff which possessed some other-worldly quality due to my pack-rat
mentality. Stuff which could come of some use sometime in the not-so-near
future.
Basically stuff I
didn't throw away.
But now the question
was, what to do with this capharnaum? Do I take every single one of them and
feed my pack-rat mentality some more? Or do I throw these away against all of
my evil forebodings?
It was decision
time.
I fell to my
pack-rat mentality again and heaped a lot of things, old magazines, newspaper
supplements and what not until the number of bags just exploded. But this is
not what I wanted to talk about.
It was when I
shifted through the stuff that I realized what psychometry meant. I had heard
the term during a broadcast of "So Weird" and somehow it stuck. It
meant the ability of certain objects to explain their history to those who
touch them. Suddenly I felt the rush of emotions and memories from about 3
years back. To the time I moved to P in the first place. To the lengths my
parents had gone to make me feel at home. To the money they spent without a
thought. I could recall all of that as
if it were yesterday.
How much do parents
suffer to make you happy? And how much do you return them? How much of love do
we owe them? How much do we really give them?
Thank you God, for
giving the best parents anybody could ever hope for.
I started on a
different note, and got off somewhere, but the fact is I have moved, and am now
settled. Moving gives you a new perspective, a look back at all the things
you've done, and what you should have done, and a chance to make amends with
you past and extend a hand to the future.
A chance to start
afresh.
Hai Kuttuetta!
ReplyDelete'Sup? Long time no chat/talk/interaction-in-reality-or-in-cyberspace.....
Y U NO POST ABT UR GOA TRIP???
ME SITTING HERE-WAITING 4 U 2 WRITE....
Hee hee....
Srsly...where is the juicy-yet-presented-in-civilized-manner details?
Write faaaaaasssst
Bye!
Gops