In just over 48
hours, we leave behind 2012 and set foot into 2013. We are genuinely,
absolutely, 100% leaving behind the year 2012!!! Now, if that's not a good
news, I have no idea what is. 2012 was supposedly where it all came to an end.
2012 was supposed to be the end of the world. And guess what, we are still
here. Just like we survived 2001, just like we survived…eh, which was the one
before that…I am seriously losing track…but anyway, the point is, we survived.
Again.
Now that we know
we've got another couple of years left on God's Green Earth, it's time for a
little bit of retrospection. What did 2012 have in store for you? Did it make
you want to pull your hair out of your head? Or did it leave you felling on top
of the world? For me, it was a mixture of both.
2012 started out on
a wrong foot, or rather it started out on a wrong note for the old me. I've
changed a lot, I'll tell you that. I thought 2012 was going to be a huge
disaster, a humongous fiasco, but, barely a week into 2012, I started changing
my tune. It was alright.
16 April 2012. S3
Result, and I topped the class. I was so elated, I've got to say, well, I did
post here. For more details, refer my previous posts. On that day, I had hoped at least in my
wildest dreams that I could secure the top spot again next semester. But oh no,
that was not to be. But that's later in the year.
18 may 2012: This
was a trip to Masinagudi, and I have to award this "Highlight of the
Year". This was one of the best times I had this year.
28 May 2012. What
can possibly be described as the worst day of my entire life. I would've given
that award to my EC lab exam, but given that I was expecting that, and the fact
that I got good marks in that, I'll let that one slide.
So, Mr. Digital Lab
Fiasco, please accept the award for causing the Worst Day of My Life.
<Mild applause,
and a chorus of boos>
18 August 2012.
Something which I never thought would ever happen happened on this day. I had
given my first year paper up for revaluation, and on this day, I received the
results. I had scored 9.43 instead of the 9.17 I had earlier.
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
And for this day, I
thought I'd give "Day of the Year" award, but, not so fast. We've
still got 4 months to review.
17 November 2012. I
told you to wait. And here it is. The day Microsoft called me for an internship
test at Kochi. Now, with that on the list, there can only be one sure winner.
So, this is,
"Day of the Year".
22 November 2012.
Well, this is a result of the Worst Day of my Life. What goes up has to come
down. You write an exam, you have to deal with the result. 8.81. That's it, not
the worst day of my life because I was expecting this.
10-17 December 2012.
This might cause some raised eyebrows, but I've got to give away "Lesson
of the Year" to this period, and the lesson that I learned is:
"The only thing
you have to fear is fear itself".
I was going through
a tough time, I was physically down thanks to Mr. Cold, who struck TWICE this
year, and was going through a tough time mentally as well. I was upset about a
lot of things, and I was tensed about a whole lot of things. Things that should
have been sneered at, things that should have been brushed aside, I was falling
prey to the most vicious, the most vile disease Satan devised, and that is
anxiety. Everything was starting to make me nervous, and I was ready to snap
anytime. But slowly, everything solved itself. Things that I thought were going
to take my life slowly paled away into insignificance. What I learned then was
that, we can always survive, if we don’t fall prey to fear.
21 December 2012:
The End of the World As You Know It.
28 December 2012: I
told you I went for a test on 17 November. On this day, I got news that I had
qualified and I was going to have a phone interview on in January. That really
threw me off balance. I was stunned and shocked for along time. And for that,
let us award "Shocker of the Year" and "Moment of the
Year".
2 more days to go.
Will anything happen that will get into this list???
Wait to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment