Sunday, 18 November 2012

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!


I break my prolonged silence to bring you the news of something very important, probably the most important thing in my life so far. That, and to let you know that I am still alive.
Now that you know I am alive, let's get to the second part, shall we?
It is Thursday. Around 9:30 in the night. On most nights I am either in front of the TV or reading some book or sleeping at this time. But somehow, that fateful night I was staring at my gmail inbox. And I found something staring back at me.
Microsoft. Naam toh suna hoga…
Yup, Microsoft, the software giant had invited me to Cochin for an internship test!!! I had submitted my resume about 10 days ago and now, I was one of the shortlisted candidates!!!Oh lord…THIS WAS AWESOME!!!
Cutting short the travel details, I ended up in Cochin on Friday night. Everything was ready. The test was scheduled to start on Saturday morning and end by evening, so I was ready to leave by a 4:30 train. Everything was ready. Except I hadn't studied.
I tried to do as much as I could in the night and next morning. The rest was all in His hands and I went to my examination centre. The test began late and ended by 11:30. It was pretty easy, basic C++ stuff and the like. On the whole I think I did pretty well. Now came the wait for the results of round 1. It was expected to be out by 3:00.
3:00…3:30……
Oh it seems now that results will be out by 4:00.
My 4:30 train plan? Out of the window.
4:00…4:30….
Oh, apparently they are conducting this test in centres across India and can only announce results after every centre has completed. Great.
The results did come. At 5:45.
And…..
…..
…..
I WAS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
And now came round two. And it was easier than I expected. I solved the two programs easily. However, when it comes to execution time, my second program is too slow.
And this might cost me.
Dearly.
Anyhow, I was done…and I have to wait a whole 2 weeks or so for the results. Anyhow, this is what happened later.
It was 7:00 PM. No vehicles to get me to the railway station. I desperately needed to catch the 8:30 train atleast.
7:20.
Still no vehicle. And completely out of the blue, I saw an auto a short distance from there,  and he agreed to take me to the railway station. He also informed me that it was very difficult to get vehicles after 6:00 there. And it was pure chance that he had been there.
Chance? Or the Hand of God?
I believe the latter.
I made it and am now home.
Oh Lord, this is AWESOME!!! Thank You SO MUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment