Monday, 10 September 2012

Horror and Hope:The Only Way to Get Closer to God


Today, in the span of about 12 hours I realized that God exists. God is there to help us and guide us through our hopelessly mundane lives, and be a beacon of hope when all seems lost. And when we, his Sons and Daughters, turn apathetic, he gently nudges us to believe. He encourages us to have faith, and believe in Him.
And most of the time, he does this using the only way we learn through. By letting us go through two phases which etch themselves in our minds forever.
Horror.
And hope.
It's the only way we learn.
Today morning I woke up, made my way to the kitchen and turned on the induction cooker, as I have done a million times in the past. But somehow, this time, the sound echoing out of the cooker was a little different. I let it slide, knowing little that that was the sound of approaching doom.
Boom.
No, I was not blasted out as the cooker exploded into a million pieces. But the circuit just tripped. Oh crap, I said to myself. But, my "scientific" mind told me, "It's a problem with how the kitchen is wired. See, it didn't trip immediately, it took a few seconds before it blew out. Try plugging it in your bed room."
My intuition told me repeatedly, "No, don't do it…It's a trap. Don't fall into the pit of reason…"
But as everywhere in the modern world, scientific thought and rational thinking won. I plugged it in my room.
BOOM.
Again, the same as before…I wasn't blasted out…yada yada yada. The circuit tripped.
No big deal.
I went to the MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker, not Main Course Book…) and put the two tripped switches right. The one in the kitchen was set all right, but the one in my room, oh shit, it had absolutely no intention of getting set. I was literally up the creek without a paddle…………….
No, rational thought told me to go up and turn all the switches off and try again, while Intuition just sat there shrugging his shoulders as he mouthed, "I told you so…".
I tried. To no damn avail.
I was running out of time. I was running out of options. I had to get to college, but the thought bit me in the back of my head all day long. I was stuck in a room with no light or fan (strangely, one light worked fine…) for God knows how long. I was back in the stone age. I was back in the 1900s.
Hell, I can't live in the 1970's let alone the 1990's or the Stone Age.
I prayed to God, to somehow show me a way, to somehow put everything right. I had faith. I had hope that my Lord would deliver me. Somehow.
And he did.
I returned back home. There was no power there. I mean, the whole area, not just the room. Now was the test. I prayed to God, kept as many of my fingers crossed as possible and put it right.
And it went right down again.
This got me thinking. This is insane. There is no current in the whole area, let alone the circuit, then how could this guy be tripping? And I found the answer. It was not tripping due to the current. It was loose. After a small test of strength, he sat upright, straight.
And as soon as I reached upstairs, the power was restored, and man oh man, I was back in the 21st century.
Thank you my King for Saving Me.
Now many of you will say, it was a coincidence, it was pure logic, and God played no part in it. But to me, he was the whole play. If the power was there, I might have just put the switch right a couple of times, then accepted my inability and just left, suffering the wretched life of the early days for no damn reason. But I didn't have to.
Still not convinced?
Well, I can only say this…
In this world, there are two types of people. One type sees signs, and the other type sees miracles. For those who sees signs, it is 50:50. It can be good, it can be bad. But for those who see miracles, they know that whatever it is, God will be there for them, and that fills them up with hope.
All you've got to decide is this. Do you see signs, or do you see miracles???


( This is not the first time I have been in this position. But that is another post…….)

No comments:

Post a Comment