Friday, 3 February 2012

It's been long...

I know it has been too long since my last post. I have took blogger many times in the past couple of days, but I never got to posting, because I had no topic on which to write. And come to think of it, that holds even now. But I thought maybe, it would be best if I wrote something.
What to write about? Well, I'll just talk about one of the most bizarre and frustrating aspect of my life. In fact, it is a part of anyone who is in the age group of 17-20. It is the time when you begin to transform from a child to an adult. But what makes this period so difficult is that you are neither. You are neither fully a child, not yet an adult. The result is a completely maddening aspect of your life. One second your parents are telling you that you have grown up, and need to be more responsible, while they often reverse the statement in a matter of minutes. Now you are a child who needs to listen to them.
The question is, what are we supposed to believe? Are we supposed to believe that we are adults or children? The resulting situation leads to a big problem. Indecision. You are faced with decisions you have to make 'for the greater good', mature decisions that are meant to show the world that you have grown up. But at the same time, you are burning inside, to just be a kid and go ahead and have fun. Often you are expected to be a mature person, when you just want to be a kid, and at other times, you are expected to behave like a kid when you don't want to.
When will this end? What is the way out? I for one have no idea.
And I just want a final answer if you have one. Are we kids or adults? I know what you will say.
Kidults.

No comments:

Post a Comment