Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Spelling Bee

Hi everyone!!!
Today I thought I'd let you know about the Scripps National Spelling Bee. I know it is 2 weeks overdue, but what can I do?
I've been following the Bee for nearly 5 years now. One day I was flipping through the channels and I saw a girl at the mike spelling, and I was like "What in the world is this???". Curiosity got the better of me, and I hung around and watched it. As I watched spellers of roughly my age rattling away the incredibly complex spellings, I was hooked, and instantly. Since then, I study spellings and in general, English, whenever I get the time and I watch this program always. It is always telecast at the start of June, so I am always free to watch.
What I've noticed is the increasing number of Indian-origin contestants making it to the finals. What is even more interesting ( and something to be proud of) is that for the last four bees, we have crowned Indian-origin champions.
Why this dominance??? God knows why.
But I dont watch this to see Indian names and to watch Indians winning. I watch this because it is inspiring. If you dont believe me, you should try getting off the internet once in a while, and actually watch something worthwhile...no offense...
That's all for now.
Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment